I guess I found this in somebody's myspace blog. It actually caught my eye as I recalled a silly law I heard mentioned on TV/radio. Of course, it was left out. Now I'm not so certain it is illegal in L.A. to hang one's underwear on a clothes line.
- A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits.
- Alhambra: You cannot leave your car on the street overnight without the proper permit.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- A regulation in San Francisco makes it unlawful to use used underwear to wipe off cars in a car wash.
- Baldwin Park: Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
- Bathhouses are against the law.
- Blythe: You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
- Burlingame: It is illegal to spit, except on baseball diamonds; Carmel Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor); Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
- Giving or receiving oral sex is prohibited.
- Hollywood: It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time. ( Collapse )