- Thu, 18:01: For the past couple days, I've been a busy little beaver, and haven't had time for my She of TV4 fix. As soon as I get home, I'm catching up
- Thu, 18:02: My right foot feels like I've chipped a bone fragment from my shin and it's creeping its way downward to my ankle
- Thu, 18:05: My stupeed Holga camera has been nothing but trouble for me. First, I use up a roll of 120 film without the vignette effect they're famous 4
- Thu, 18:07: Second, I load her up with a roll of 35mm thinking I can't possibly go wrong with exposing the tracks of this roll so the picture bleeds.NOT
- Thu, 18:09: Thx to Holga technology, I completely obliterated a Kodak camera to see if I can fit a 35mm roll of film in the space where a cassette goes.
- Thu, 18:10: Oh what sweet melancholy memories this brings from my days when I would destroy rotary phones.
- Fri, 10:20: Etienne conspiracy theory revolving the Beatle Lennon's demise http://j.mp/h1q1sY
vintage rotary operator service
Sometimes I wonder whether anger management would help me to control my frustration whenever I call an 800 number only to find myself having to interact with an automated system. Here's to operators who are busy at work on a day like today, at an hour like now; for it is they whom one can rely on in a drunken stupor to listen to your rants, if only for a brief moment.
Yesterday, a customer called about the holiday hours we would be open. Leave it to me to let such a simple inquiry go south. I stand firm on my ideals, which are so miniscule they shouldn't even matter, about the calendar. I make it a point not to remember what day of the week it is for the customer. In other words, off the top of my head, the only time I will remember it's close to Saturday is when I'm making plans for myself. Don't get me wrong, I go to the trouble to help a customer figure out the day of the week. I have a calender on the counter top and we go over it together. And I do it in a pleasant manner. Yet, when this woman called over the phone to ask for our open hours, I tend to first announce what day of the week I think it is and go from there. That way, if I'm wrong, I at least gave the customer the correct hours for the day of the week I specified. They can correct if they like, but I find I never receive calls asking what day of the week today is… but I'm sure there's still time and wouldn't doubt this happening for 2011.
Nut in a story short, I don't know what to do and it's almost midnight. Hence, I refuse to believe today is New Years Eve. The highlight of my day, I think, was when Katie stopped by to say hello. I don't have much hospitality, plus cleaning house has been put off until next year. This cold weather really has me acting sluggishly today. I did a little of this, a little of that, and now that I'm taking a few shots of Tennessee whiskey, I'll probably get drowsy and not be able to stay up past 11:59.
Although I'm spending yet another New Years Eve by myself, I just wanted to wish all of you readers a Happy New Year. Now stop reading this crap and tear up the town.